39th Annual Phippen Museum Western Art Show & Sale
WHAT: Western Art Show & Sale
WHERE: on the beautiful Courthouse Plaza in historic downtown Prescott, Arizona
WHEN: May 25th, 26th & 27th, 2013
Saturday & Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Monday 9:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Juried Fine Art show with 7 media categories
- Promotion of event to art collectors and the general public with extensive media saturation in national art publications, newspapers, radio, television, direct mail, online, press releases and in social media
- Easy load in and load out
- Electricity and WiFi available
- Friday night Artist Welcome Reception, Quick Draw competitions & an Artist Appreciation Dinner
- Booth sitting and complimentary morning refreshments
- Convenient artists-only reserved parking
- Off-hours security patrol by the Arizona Rangers
- Hosted by a dedicated group of friendly and helpful staff and volunteers
- Artists retain 100% of sales
This highly-publicized annual event is one of the nation's premier outdoor Western art shows. Held during the 3-day Memorial weekend (May 25th, 26th and 27th, 2013) at the Courthouse Plaza in historic downtown Prescott, Arizona, this museum fundraiser attracts enthusiastic art collectors and talented artists from all across North America. Now in its 39th year, this popular show and sale has continuously provided solid sales and large crowds, as well as serving as a springboard for up-and-coming Western artists. In addition, the Prescott area is home to some of the nation's best Western artists today, including: Bill Nebeker CA, John Coleman CA, Dave Powell CA, Bill Anton, Doug Hyde, Bill Owen CA and others. And the show and sale has provided an important boost to the outstanding careers of great Western artists like Robert "Shoofly" Shufelt, Tim Cox CA, Loren Entz CA, Oreland Joe CA, David Halbach CA and Martin Grelle CA.
The show is open to all artists submitting work featuring Art of the American West in 7 medium categories: Acrylic, Drawing, Mixed Media, Oil, Pastel, Sculpture and Watercolor. It is a juried show and provides a great opportunity to meet fellow artists and create solid contacts with the art buying public. Also taking advantage of the first official holiday of the summer season, this event is held in the cool pines of Northern Arizona before the heat of the season arrives.
In addition to being "Everybody's Hometown" and birthplace of the World's Oldest Rodeo, Prescott, Arizona, has also recently been honored by True West magazine as the nation's Most Western town. So don't miss this opportunity to participate in one of the most hospitable and prestigious outdoor Western art show and sales in the country.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS:
Apply online at www.phippenartmuseum.org
Deadline: January 1st, 2013
Notification: February 1st, 2013
Application/Jury Fee: $25 per category
Booth Fees Due: March 15th, 2013/$450 single booth fee (10' x 15')
Phone Questions: Artist Relations, Edd Kellerman - (928) 778-1385
Email Questions: email@example.com
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.