Affordable Art Fair New York City
Mike Childs, Endings (Courtesy of RHV Fine Arts)
SECOND ANNUAL FALL AFFORDABLE ART FAIR RETURNS TO NEW YORK CITY
September 22-25, 2011 at 7W New York(7 West 34th Street)
(New York, NY) – The Affordable Art Fair New York City. Shaking up the dusty model of art as an elite pass time, the Affordable Art Fair Fall 2011 will showcase new artists, galleries, programming, and installations! With the immense success of last year’s inaugural fall installment, and the record breaking attendance and sales of the Spring fair, the Affordable Art Fair NYC Fall edition, September 22-25, 2011 at 7W New York (7 West 34th Street), is sure to be a must attend event.
The Affordable Art Fair celebrates the idea that art is for everyone. Whether you are an experienced collector or an art novice, this fair is about the joy and excitement that art should bring to your life. By presenting contemporary art priced from $100 - $10,000, with three-quarters of the work under $5,000, no one looking to own art should leave the fair empty handed. At this edition, the fair will present nearly 65 international and national galleries exhibiting original paintings, sculptures, photographs, and prints.
“We cannot wait for our fall fair to open as it is looking to be even better than our spring edition, which was amazing” says Judith Pineiro, Director of Affordable Art Fair NYC and LA. “With a terrific group of galleries at the fair, we have a great balance of new exhibitors and returning ones. What our visitors will find thrilling is that we are presenting an entirely new roster of artists from our spring edition.”
The uniqueness of the Affordable Art Fair carries over to the programming the fair offers for its diverse audience. Whether it is a family outing or a night on the town, you will want to take full advantage of everything offered:
- Private Preview Party, Wednesday, September 21, is a festive event, where attendees get a sneak peak at the fair before general admission hours.
- Recent Graduates Exhibition,Photographs, Pictures, and Images, curated by mr. and mrs. amani olu, will feature work by unrepresented recent MFA and BFA students.
- An engaging panel chat will be held with expert advice on art collecting with Artstar.com. Visitors will leave this talk empowered to make purchases with confidence!
- Artists will lead guests through the fair highlighting their top picks! Hosted by The Art Dossier, this is a rare chance to see through the eyes of an artist.
- Interact in our Kids’ Studio with balloon artist Larry Moss leading classes! Hosted by LittleCollector.com, this will get your kids excited about art!
- A ‘hot topic’ talk with artist Micah Ganske, whom will discuss the intersections of art and technology, also hosted by Artstar.com.
- Open studios with the Ladd Brothers, hosted by The Invisible Dog, fair goers will get to watch these artists at work!
- Free Admission hours are back too! All visitors on Thursday, September 22 from 4:00-8:00PM, can come enjoy the fair, free!
Affordable Art Fair Past and Present
Twelve years ago, Will Ramsay changed the model of the traditional art fair by creating the Affordable Art Fair, where contemporary art is accessible to all. Now in nine locations around the world, Affordable Art Fair proves that you do not need to be an art expert or a billionaire to have original works of art by living artists in your home or office. With the fair taking place annually in Amsterdam, Bristol, Brussels, London (spring and fall), Melbourne, Milan, New York (spring and fall), North London, Singapore, and Sydney, over $270 million worth of art has been sold at the fairs. The success of the brand continues with the estimated millionth visitor to the Affordable Art Fair expected in 2011.
Affordable Art Fair NYC Fall edition
September 22-25, 2011 (Private Preview event, September 21, 2011)
7 West 34th Street, NYC
Wednesday, September 21: 6PM-9PM
Tickets at the Door: $75 per person
Advance Online Tickets: $65 per person or $125 for two
General Admission: September 22-25, 2011
Thursday, September 22: 1PM - 9PM (Free admission 4PM-9PM)
Friday, September 23: 1PM - 8PM
Saturday, September 24: 11AM-8PM
Sunday, September 25: 11AM-6PM
Tickets at the Door: $20
Advance Online Tickets: $17
Students and Seniors: $15
Children under 12: FREE during public fair hours
LaForce + Stevens
Brooke Hilton x172 firstname.lastname@example.org
Meghan Bailey x115 email@example.com
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.