- Over half-a-million dollars in sales annually, with record high sales the past three years!
- Ranked in the top 100 art fairs in the country and one of the finest in the central midwest. Kansas' finest!
- 90 exhibitors in the Fine Art Show
- 50 exhibitors in the Four Rivers Craft Show
- Very high quality juried shows - long standing tradition of excellence
- Knowledgeable patrons and a sophisticated buying audience
- Weekend attendance of 75,000 drawing patrons from the region and across the country
- $130,000+ Art Patron Program - Fine Art Show
- $9500 cash Jurors' Merit & Purchase Awards - Fine Art Show
- $1800 cash Jurors' Merit Awards - Four Rivers Craft Show
- Outstanding organization
- Reasonable booth fees and jury fee
- Exceptional show layout
- Access to discounted lodging
- 24 hour security
- Great artist amenities: booth sitters, water/tea/coffee brought to booth, assistance with unload and loading, Artists' Reception, Artists' Breakfast, free reserved parking within the event for inventory access
- Presented with an arts-based mission by the acclaimed Salina Arts & Humanities
- Both show applications are easily accessed online at www.zapplication.org, or the Festival website, www.riverfestival.com if opting to submit by mail.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Call to Artists - Fine Art Show & Four Rivers Craft Show
37th SMOKY HILL RIVER FESTIVAL
Celebrating Artists, Celebrating Excellence!
Fine Art Show, June 8 & 9
Four Rivers Craft Show, June 7, 8 & 9
What: 37th Smoky Hill River Festival
Presented by Salina Arts & Humanities
Where: Oakdale Park, Salina, KS (730 Oakdale Drive)
When: Four Rivers Craft Show, June 7, 8 & 9
Fine Art Show, June 8 & 9
An Arts Festival Like None Other!
The first breath of summer marks the arrival of the highly anticipated and award winning Smoky Hill River Festival, one of the top festivals in the Central United States and Kansas' finest! The dynamic cultural life of Salina has been celebrated at the Festival for now approaching 37 years, drawing people together to commemorate this place - through art, artistry and artists - and through the joy of marking time with one another. Sponsored by the Salina Arts & Humanities, the Festival honors its Mission -(to change lives and build community through the power of the arts). The mission becomes reality it its evident commitment to quality, education, and exchange.
The Festival presents a sophisticated palette of events: exceptional fine art and contemporary craft, art installations, superb entertainment, and interactive arts experiences for all ages. Salina is widely acknowledged as an Outstanding Arts Community...where recognition at national levels is a frequent occurrence within its remarkable array of established cultural organizations and offerings...where art and culture are a $23 million industry annually. A model in its rich cultural landscape, Salina is a vibrant example of a community that grows, thrives and reaches for the future, through the arts.
Community ownership is exemplified in the commitment of over 2,000 enthusiastic volunteers and an extensive base of financial support. 75,000 attendees enjoy the artistic excellence and outstanding hospitality which continue to define the event. Outstanding artist amenities, a highly successful Art Patron Program and a knowledgeable and enthusiastic buying audience set the tone for a quality exhibiting experience
We welcome your application to the Fine Art Show (90 exhibitors) and Four Rivers Craft Show (50 exhibitors). These two outstanding venues are highly acclaimed among artists for incredible organization, quality of exhibition, artist hospitality, sales promotion, and community support. The Festival has earned a stellar reputation as an award winning and well juried visual arts venue. Both shows are recognized by many artists' resource publications online and in print, including ArtFair SourceBook, The Crafts Report, and Sunshine Artist, with extensive statewide and regional marketing.
Experience a "pleasant surprise" - the unmistakable spirit of the Smoky Hill River Festival - An Arts Festival Like None Other!
THE FESTIVAL MISSION: (To celebrate the arts and this community through a festival accessible to anyone - physically, psychologically, and economically)
DEADLINE: February 15, 2013
NOTIFICATION: March 13, 2013
BOOTH FEE DUE: April 15, 2013
Karla Prickett, Visual Arts Director