Hampton Classic Horse Show Cooking Something GreatEquestrians and Foodies Unite at This Year's ShowBridgehampton, NY - June 26, 2014 - The Hampton Classic Horse Show is pleased to announce new and varied food options for horse show attendees this summer. In addition to the veteran food vendors from previous years, the Classic is adding a number of new vendors, and a fresh twist on a New York tradition: a Farmers Market located right on the showgrounds.The Hampton Classic returns to Bridgehampton, NY, year of world-class equestrian competition. The Hampton Classic features more than 100 classes of competition including jumper, hunter, equitation, short stirrup and leadline classes, as well as competitions for riders with disabilities.for its 39thThis year's Classic will feature over 15 gourmet food choices scattered throughout the show grounds for attendees. "We are thrilled with the new additions to our food court and around the grounds," said Shanette Cohen, Executive Director of the Hampton Classic. "There is truly something for everyone, and we hope nobody will be disappointed."
Mister Softee at the Hampton ClassicThe food court will feature the likes of sweet and savory waffles from Wafel & Dinges, a New York City favorite, as well as Noodle Lane, who will offer a unique twist on noodle bowls and dumplings. RSA Catering, LLC will be crafting a wide array of culinary creations ranging from breakfast sandwiches, to vegetable hibachi and fried chicken. All three vendors are new to the food court for 2014.Traditional favorites like Harry's Fresh Squeezed Juices, and gourmet coffees and smoothies from Hampton Coffee Co. are also returning to this year's show in the Food Court, as well as Magdalena's Mexican Food, providing authentic Mexican fare, and Luke's Lobster will be back at their old post.On Stable Row by the entrance to the Hunter Rings will sit Burgess & Clark Coffee, offering gourmet and frozen coffee drinks. Further down on Stable Row, Pizza Luca will be offering classic Napoletana pizzas from their mobile wood burning oven, and Whole Le Crepe, Inc. will be crafting handmade sweet and savory crepes for a midday snack. And, for a Greek specialty, G & L Gyro Concessions will be next to the horse show office.By the Kids' Area, Crabman will have crab cakes and a variety of shrimp items, and Hampton Classic newcomer Kona Ice of Long Island will have flavored shaved ice for a refreshing summer afternoon treat.Between the hunter rings will be a new satellite location of Harry's Fresh Squeezed Juices, as well as Mr. Softee ice cream. "We are thrilled to be returning to the Hampton Classic again this year," said Marco Floro owner of the classic ice cream truck. "This show is one of our favorites!" David's World Famous will also be offering a satellite location on the walkway between the hunter fields, and will be offering gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. David's World Famous primary location will continue to cater the Grooms Kitchen with classic American and Mexican dishes.Headlining the food options at the Classic this year will be the daily Farmer's Market, located at the main Food Court. "We were inspired by Taste of NY, the New York state program that showcases New York's farms and produce," said Cohen. "Taste of NY came to the Classic last year, and it was a huge success."The Farmers Market will feature six different vendors each day, including offerings from Hampton Classic sponsors Wölffer Estate and the Milk Pail. "The new Farmers Market is a great idea," said Max Rohn, general manager of Wölffer Estate Vineyard, which will be a part of the inaugural market, featuring Wölffer wines and ciders. "The market will allow exhibitors, riders and spectators at the Classic to literally taste another dimension of the Hamptons."In addition to Wölffer Estate, the following vendors will also be included at the Farmers Market:
- A Taste of the North Fork, jarred pickled products, dips and spreads
- Captain Neck & Co., low-calorie flavored sodas
- Dolce & Gelato Catering, gelato
- Hampton Chocolate Factory, gourmet chocolates
- Milk Pail, fresh produce
- Monty Breads, handmade stuffed breads
- Next Generation Cookie, energy bars, cookies, and granola
- Tanya Tracy, LLC, baked goods and chutneys
- Victoria Amory & Co. condiments
- Toasted Chicks, original S'mores kits
- Salt Crafts, pink Himalayan salt licks for horses
- Snacks 5th Avenchew, horse and dog treatsThe Hampton Classic Horse Show features 6 show rings, a Boutique Garden with more than 70 vendors, and a wide selection of dining options, on its 60-acre show grounds. The Classic's world-class equestrian competition attracts many of the nation's top professional and amateur riders including Olympic medalists.The Hampton Classic's world-class field of Grand Prix riders competes daily in the open jumper competition, which features an FEI-recognized Grand Prix on three consecutive days,through - the $50,000 Grand Prix Qualifier Presented by Longines , the $40,000 Longines Cup , and $250,000 Grand Prix and FEI World Cup™ Qualifier, presented by Land Rover, a qualifying competition for the 2015 Longines FEI World Cup Final in Las Vegas next April. The rider who accumulates the most points in the horse show's Open Jumper division wins the $30,000 Longines Rider Challenge.The Hampton Classic also features ASPCA Adoption and Animal Welfare Day on, an event that helps find permanent homes for rescued, horses, dogs, cats, and pigs.