Summerlin Art Festival
Call to Artists
WHAT: Summerlin Art Festival
WHERE: Summerlin Centre Community Park, Las Vegas, NV
WHEN: Saturday and Sunday, October 13 and 14 (9am - 5pm each day)
- The location of the site is on flat grass fields surrounded by palm trees.
- Stadium lighting at night until designated park hours with security patrolling the site 24-hours from Friday through Sunday until 9:00 pm.
- Real restrooms in a central location.
- Convenient artist and visitor parking on site.
- Coffee and sweet rolls provided at info booth for artists Saturday morning.
- Volunteers available for booth sitting upon request.
- Volunteers and motorized carts are available for set-up and tear-down on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All booths have a corner location due to the 'quad' set-up (see Booth Layout for details).
- RV, trailer, and overnight parking are allowed on site.
The Summerlin Art Festival is a popular and established outdoor art festival that also features music, food and entertainment. Set in a beautiful park in the affluent Summerlin area of Las Vegas, the highly successful event features the works of more than 100 artists and fine craftspeople, as well as sidewalk chalk art created by participants of all ages and skill levels. The art festival hours are 9:00 am until 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday. Attendance is estimated at approximately 10,000 people each day or 20,000 total for the two-day event.
The festival is in its 18th year and has proven popular with locals, as well as tourists to the Las Vegas area. The chalk art brings in local families from around the area. An array of food vendors, entertainment on the festival stage and non-profit booths add to the festivities. The artists booths are in a separate area and are in a 'quad' set-up so that each booth has a corner location and room for storage.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS:
Deadline: Jul. 14, 2012
Jury Fee: Non-refundable $25 per artist
Booth Fee: $300 for 10x10; $400 for 10x15 and $575 for 10x20.
Notification of Acceptance: Aug. 15, 2012
To apply, please visit: www.zapplication.org